The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is looking for qualified candidates interested in working as a Casual Homestay Coordinator in our District. The Homestay Coordinator works to secure effective placements for international students, liaises with homestay parents, students, ELL and other teachers and school staff, as well as outside agencies as required and completes home studies to assess potential homestay families and their home environment.
The applicant will possess:
- High school graduation plus a course or program in International Education Services and a course in Conflict Resolution.
- Three years of relevant experience in homestay placement for international students.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in both English and a language other than English.
- Current knowledge of relevant agencies and applicable federal/provincial regulations on immigration and homestay placement.
- Proficient with computers and a variety of software.
- Proven judgement as it relates to assessing the safety and security of a potential homestay environment.
- Proven ability to provide guidance and resolve conflict situations.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
Rate of pay: $27.99 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits. Interested and qualified applicants can apply by clicking "Apply Online" below.
In your application, please include your:
Please visit our School District website for more information about our organization.
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become
part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all
students and helping them achieve success.