Fraser Academy is seeking a permanent full-time Junior Learning Specialist to join our team of educators starting as soon as possible.
Fraser Academy is a fully accredited day school, which focuses on educating students in Grades 2-12 with language-based learning disabilities. These students are taught in small class sizes with up to ten students. Each student receives one-to-one language training daily and works with a variety of subject specialist teachers.
Fraser Academy is also an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Learning Services
As a member of the Learning Services team and an Orton Gillingham trained educator, you will be involved in creating individualized learning plans and designing and implementing lessons to build literacy, executive functioning and cognitive processing for students with learning differences such as dyslexia. This role requires someone who can demonstrate excellence in instructional practices and who has a passion for remedial education.
- Work 1:1 with students in Junior School
- Design and implement junior lesson following Orton Gillingham methodology
- Create individual student learning plans based on student IEP/profile
- Facilitate individualized instruction of Executive Function curriculum
- Complete regular reports, year plans, and contribute to IEP's
- Supervise groups of children during recess, lunch, and/or after school
- Integrate fully in school life
- Provide a structured, flexible, enthusiastic learning experience for students
- Thrive in a collaborative, supportive team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An active commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Exemplary communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (students, colleagues, and parents)
- Orton Gillingham Certification (will provide training for the right candidate)
- 4 Year Bachelor's Degree
- English degree an asset
Please apply online.