The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 17,500 students. The school district has 22 elementary schools and 6 secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of 7 elected Trustees.
SD42 is looking for qualified applicants who are interested in working as Equipment Operators and able to operate all grounds equipment such as trucks (including those over 1 ton), tractors, backhoe, skid steer and self-propelled mowers. These positions perform operational and daily/weekly/time-based preventative maintenance of equipment, grounds and facilities. These are time duration positions effective May 3, 2021 to September 30, 2021, working forty (40) hours per week.
The applicant will possess:
- Successful completion of Grade 10 plus two (2) years experience in the maintenance of grounds, plant care and grounds-related equipment plus credit courses in turf and grounds maintenance/horticulture or equivalent additional experience.
- Mechanical ability to the degree required to perform equipment operational and daily/weekly/time-based preventative maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of heavy trucks, tractors, and self-propelled mowers as well as the ability to operate powered grounds equipment safely and effectively.
- Sufficient physical strength, health and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual work outdoors in all weather.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and function harmoniously with staff, students, parents, and visitors.
- A valid B.C. driver’s license.
These are time duration positions effective May 3, 2021 to September 30, 2021. This assignment follows a 12 month schedule (40 hours per week, day shift). Rate of Pay $26.25/Hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.