DISTRICT BEHAVIOUR INTERVENTIONIST-MENTAL HEALTH
The District Behaviour Interventionist-Mental Health is an itinerant position. They function as a part of a multidisciplinary team whose major role is to enhance the educational and social functioning of all students.
LOCATION: Mackenzie, BC
- Liaise with school staff on mental health issues
- Coordinate activities and behaviour support for all district schools
- Provide targeted and specific mental health counselling for students as identified
- Performs direct observation of students in school settings
- Provides consultative support for staff around student behavioural IEPs
- Conducts in-service to staff and district
- Supports students referred by the School Conduct Review Committee and/or through the Violence Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) process
- Complete 1701 designation for elementary/secondary school Category H/R students
- Work collaboratively with other Inclusive Education staff and school personnel as members providing Critical and Emergency Response Team (CERT) support for schools and respond to Violent Threat Risk Assessments, if required
- Attends all Inclusive Education Meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Inclusive Education
- Training and/or experience in working with students with a range of severe behaviour challenges
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Ability to develop positive behaviour support plans for students with behaviour challenges
- Ability to develop and communicate early intervention strategies to a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with elementary, middle, and secondary school-aged students
- Ability to collaborate with school-based teams, school staff, and parents
- Relevant and successful 2-5 years of field experience in the area of clinical counselling.
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work, including successful practicum experience.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) designation or equivalent is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please include all of your documentation when completing your application on the Make a Future website. Please make sure that you have included the names and email addresses of three current professional references. This posting will remain open until filled. Please contact Helen Schlick, email@example.com if you require assistance with your application.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact the Director of Inclusive Education, Lisa Horswell, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Rankin, District Principal-Human Resources, email@example.com