Langley School District invites applications for temporary Youth Care Workers. Reporting to an administrator or case manager, the successful applicants provide guidance, ongoing assistance, encouragement and support to students in developing and achieving appropriate behavioural, personal and life skills goals.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 completion
- Completion of a two year Child & Youth Care Worker diploma program (or an equivalent combination of training and education)
- One to two year’s related experience working with families, individuals and with groups
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact, diplomacy and persuasion in frequent contacts of a difficult, specialized or sensitive nature
- Ability to be flexible to meet the varying academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs of students
- Working knowledge of computers
- Physical ability to perform the required duties
Rate of Pay: $26.55 per hour
Qualified individuals should submit a complete application package by 4 pm on Friday, August 11, 2017
Please go to the link below for instructions on how to apply.
Please note that we only accept electronically submitted applications.
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal records check.