TEACHING VACANCY: POSTING NO. 35 – May 19, 2017
School: Vanderhoof and Area Schools
Start Date: September 1, 2017
Assignment: 1.0 (FULL TIME) CONTINUING POSITION
- MUST HAVE ACCESS TO RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION – TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS IN OUTLYING COMMUNITES IS REQUIRED
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT TO BE DETERMINED BY THE DISTRICT PRINCIPAL OF LEARNER SERVICES
- possesses or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- training and recent successful experience teaching both literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills in a variety of curriculum areas and a variety of grade levels
- have completed a graduate degree recognized by the Teacher Regulation Branch in Counseling Psychology
- strong evidence of experience working with behaviour disorders in children and adolescents
- must be willing to work in a supportive and cooperative manner with existing district special education personnel, counselors, regular teaching staff, and administration in the delivery of a comprehensive counseling program at the elementary level, as well as work in support of district directions and undertakings
- must be willing to become familiar with changing child abuse reporting regulations and guidelines
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in administration of suicide risk assessments
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the counseling role, willingness to build experience in developing I.E.P.s in the provision of individualized programs for students exhibiting emotional and behavioural disorders
- experience teaching Social Skills programs to students with a wide range of abilities
- proven interpersonal skills and a keen interest in exploring alternate, innovative and collaborative methods of working with students and their families
Our Board of Education believes that teacher interest in providing extracurricular activities
contributes significantly to our students’ positive school experience.
Teachers currently employed with the district or on the district’s recall list who are interested in this vacancy should email Donna Benson at email@example.com and include the posting number.
Other applicants should contact Director of Instruction, Mike Skinner (desk 250-692-4821 or cell 250-692-0915) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
District Web Site: http://www.sd91.bc.ca/