This position is subject to review and rating by the Joint Job Evaluation Committee (JJEC) and the hourly rate of pay may go up or down
Position:Information System Coordinator - Job 97
Location:School Board Office - Information Technology
Current Shift:8:00am - 12:00pm Monday to Thursday(schedule may be flexible).11 months per year
Under the limited direction of the Director of Information Technology, is responsible for coordinating the training and supporting the programs and strategic directions for school-based support staff, to ensure effective and efficient daily operations of all District Information Systems including the District’s Integrated Library systems in the Library Learning Commons.
- Liaises with other school support staff, District IT staff, as well as software and system providers.
- Develops and ensures consistent practices for relevant support staff throughout the District
- Develops and implements workshops and training modules for support staff on the District’s Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Troubleshoots issues and provides guidance to school-based support staff related to the ILS.
- Acts as a collaborative partner and liaises with school-based support staff including LLC Technicians.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks and ensures data integrity in information systems used by the District.
- Assists school support staff and Teacher Librarians in the application of their duties as required.
- Uses standard library practices in accordance with accounting, acquisition and processing procedures.
- Produces original and copy cataloguing using appropriate classification standards used in Saanich Schools.
- Assists in the collection and application of student data in other related District information systems.
- Performs routine clerical and technical tasks.
* Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job