Awarded applicants will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union and have a Criminal Record Check (submitted by the employer).
- Certificate of Trade Qualification in plumbing issued or recognized in BC
- Certificate of Qualification to perform duties of a Class B Gasfitter as issued by Technical Safety BC
Desired qualifications include:
- Certification in water distribution systems
- Certification in wastewater collection systems
- Backflow certificate
An employee who does skilled work in a trade.
1. Possess a valid BC Certificate of Apprenticeship and certificate of qualification as required by the British Columbia Apprenticeship Act or equivalent formal qualification acceptable to the Province of British Columbia.
2. Possess a valid B.C. Driver's License or licensing as required by Ministry of Transportation and the Motor Vehicle Act.
3. Works independently, effectively and efficiently in a collaborative environment.
4. Thorough knowledge of trade materials, methods and current code and regulatory requirements.
5. Reads and interprets plans, drawings, specifications, instructions and develops estimates as required.
6. Gives direction to others as required.
7. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
8. Good understanding of current requirements or regulations in their geographic area.
9. Performs other job related duties as may be assigned.
10. Maintains confidentiality.
For more information please contact Director of Operations, Bruce MacLean at 250-354-4871 or email: email@example.com
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a Future profile.