WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary School in North Vancouver is inviting applications for a Junior French/ Information Technology Teacher position. The successful candidate will be willing and capable of working collaboratively with department teachers in a curricular-based team approach. A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teachers, students, and parents is essential. A successful candidate is encouraged to participate in the extensive extra-curricular program of the school.
The position commences September 1st, 2021. This is potentially a continuing position.
Application Deadline: Friday May 15th , 2021
Questions regarding this job posting may be directed to John Campbell, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT SAINT THOMAS AQUINAS REGIONAL SECONDARY
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary is located in the beautiful and scenic city of North Vancouver, near a myriad of shops, art galleries, parks, hiking trails, and the bustling Lonsdale Quay Market. In line with our school motto, "Direct Me in Your Truth", our school focuses on providing our students with the tools to lead productive moral lives. We purposely focus on educating the “whole person”: academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially. Our school has a Catholic atmosphere, centered in the Gospel Message of Love. This Catholic atmosphere inspires a deeper understanding of our Catholic heritage, instills a spirit of service, respects the dignity of the individual and promotes involvement in parish life for students, staff, and parents. To learn more, visit: www.aquinas.org or watch this video.
1. Create your Make a Future profile
2. Complete and add all required application documents to your profile (see below)
3. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.