School District No. 38 Richmond
LEARNING RESOURCE TEACHER
School District No. (38) Richmond is seeking a full-time Learning Resource teacher to join our Learning Services department Learning Centre effective September 2018.
The Resource Teacher will be required to plan, develop, implement and evaluate appropriate and effective individualized educational programs, which are based on evidenced-based best practices framework for students with developmental delays, significant learning and/or behaviour challenges. The successful applicant must demonstrate an understanding of the RTI model and differentiated instructional models of support, and be committed to striving for inclusive learning opportunities for students. The successful applicant will be supporting students in grades K-7.
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified and experienced learning resource teacher with demonstrated competencies in addressing a wide range of student needs and must be able to:
- demonstrate the skills of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating appropriate and effective individualized educational programs which are based on evidenced-based best practices framework for students with significant learning and/or behaviour challenges
- demonstrate competence in establishing effective school based teams and in coordinating the work of educational assistants and other relevant personnel and community partners
- demonstrate competencies in facilitating effective schedules, case management and the understanding of assessment for learning practises that support all learners across the Continuum of Learning Services
- demonstrate exceptional organization, time management, communication, and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and liaising with outside organizations, specialists and district teams
For further information, please contact Jane MacMillan, District Administrator - Learning Services at email@example.com.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, transcripts and practicum/evaluation reports to www.makeafuture.ca/richmond.