Vancouver College, a Christian Brothers School, founded in 1922, is a Catholic school
for boys with over 1,000 students from K – Gr. 12. The school is well known for its
spiritual program, outstanding academics, an expansive extra and co-curricular
program, and high caliber teaching staff.
The policy of Vancouver College is to hire, when available, qualified Catholics, who in
addition to carrying out their professional responsibilities, will model the values
espoused by Blessed Edmund Rice as articulated by the school’s Essential Elements.
● Contract until June 30, 2021; salaried position.
● Collaborating with students, parents/caregivers and educators - requires
excellent inter- and intra-personal skills
● Applying knowledge and understanding of preteen development stages and
special needs and diverse learning profiles
● Responding by initiating the use of strategies to help students learn in an
inclusive classroom setting
● Applying and personally using various technologies to support learning and
communication with case teams
● Adapting and modifying student learning materials
● Utilize social stories to modify behaviour
● Demonstrated commitment to extracurricular and co-curricular endeavours is a
Priority Consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following:
● Current pastoral reference confirming that he/she is a practicing Roman Catholic
● Certificate of Qualification issued by the BC Ministry of Education
● Experience in working with students with ASD
Application Deadline: To apply for this salary position, we ask that you please submit a
resume and cover letter to Barbara Seppelt, Elementary School Assistant Principal,
email@example.com, by July 14, 2020.
Employment Start Date: September 2020