Blueberry River First Nations School
First Nations School
Elementary School Teacher
We are looking to immediately fill this important role within our community school. The position will be a term position for the remainder of the 2020-2021 School Year.
If you enjoy working with children and supporting them as they grow into culturally strong, successful young learners then this position is for you!
Blueberry River First Nations is located in northeastern B.C., just an hour drive (transportation can be arranged) from Fort St John. Residents can find adventure exploring the Alaska Highway, traveling through some of the world’s most wildly beautiful areas, filled with jaw dropping scenery and wildlife sightings.
Blueberry River First Nations community is vibrant and is built upon traditional and forward-thinking values. We offer a welcoming team environment with a rewarding job experience and our education staff works with First Nations Schools Association to provide progressive professional development and instructional support. Our school also provides for small student to teacher ratios, which allows you to support and grow each child through their learning experience.
If you are seeking a community-based school, in a region that is one of the fastest growing, and are in search of an amazing group of students look no further!
We are in search of enthusiastic educators who:
- are certified or in the process of being certified to teach in BC
- believe that all students can achieve high levels of academic success
- are willing to learn and incorporate local language and culture into their classroom
- are student focused and will seek and employ strategies that will move students towards success
- are able to differentiate instruction for student learning to better meet the various abilities in a classroom
- recognize the importance of building relationships when working to move students towards success
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
BRFN Education Manager
Via email to: email@example.com
Phone: 250-630-2307 or 250-262-8837