A temporary part time (.776) grade 8/9 english/social studies teacher is required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North) effective September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The assignment will be at Bert Bowes Middle School.
Bert Bowes Middle School is a Gr. 7-9 school in the City of Fort St John. The school enrolls a population of 500 students. We enjoy itinerant access to a range of services such as a learning resource disability teacher, teacher for visually impaired, school psychologist, ESL specialist teacher and teacher for deaf/hard of hearing. Some themes that characterize our school are a commitment to student centered learning, and a focus on collaborative planning. We have an active Parent Advisory Committee and a supportive parent community. See bowes.prn.bc.ca for more information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
- Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of students
- Qualifications and demonstrated ability to teach the identified subjects at the middle years level
- Knowledge of and demonstrated use of AIM French Language Learning program
- A willingness to work on teacher teams to collaborate regarding curriculum, assessment, instruction and planning
- A willingness and desire to be a teacher advisor
- Ability and desire to learn and utilize technology/computers in the instructional process and reporting procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Classroom management practices that maintain student dignity
- Assessment practices supportive of the learning process
- Ability to work with students having social and emotional needs
- Demonstrated ability to work with middle year level students
Interested applicants are required to supply
- Three (3) references
- Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
- $2000 relocation allowance for teachers from BC, AB and Yukon and up to $4000 for teachers from other areas
- $2,622 recruitment allowance (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on the FTE)
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $48,657 - $91,278
- Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enroll in medical, dental, extended health, and group life insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE
For more information please contact:
Jason Gill, Principal, Bert Bowes Middle School 250.785.6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position
About School District 60
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is progressive and growing. There are 22 schools with School District No.60 (Peace River North). The district’s schools provide education services to approximately 6000 ethnically and demographically diverse students.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Why School District 60
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive culture of teacher collaboration
- Curriculum and teacher supports
- French Immersion, music, & outdoor education programs
- Advanced technology facilities and resources
- Progressive and growing district
- Innovative educational practices
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4