Sacred Heart Catholic School
Williams Lake, B.C.
2020/21 EXTERNAL POSTING
Education Assistants On-Call
Sacred Heart Catholic School (Williams Lake, BC) is seeking multiple qualified candidates to join our team for the 2020/21 school year as on-call Education Assistants, available for casual hire.
- Carry out programs for assigned student(s) as directed by the classroom teacher and/or team members, including planning, implementation and evaluation of the instructional program and student progress
- When requested, provide input to the team for the development of the Individual Education Program (IEP), participates in school-based team meetings.
- Attend to and provide physical, personal care for a student
- Support students to maximize participation and learning in an inclusive environment
- Supplement and extend the instructional and management functions of teachers and other professional personnel
- Assist teachers in designing and implementing individualized or group communication skills, behavioural support and learning support
- Assist in the collection of data, including observations and recording of academic and behavioural performance
- Interacts with students in a professional and effective manner
- A diploma or certificate in Special Education, or a certificate as a Teacher Aide is the minimal educational credential required
- Valid certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (CPI Training)
- Experience assisting elementary aged students with special needs (ASD, ADHD)
- Experience working with students with a broad spectrum of behaviors and needs
- Experience supporting children in-class, in small groups, as well as one-on-one
- Knowledge and experience using Zones of Regulation with students of diverse abilities
- Valid Criminal Record Check
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- active membership in a Catholic parish
- commitment to excellence in Catholic education
For further information about this on-call position, please contact Gary Mason, Principal, at 250-398-7770 or at
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience. The CISKD Support Staff Application form along with the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form required for all applications, may be located under the Employment tab on www.ciskd.ca . Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor) and complete documentation.
Completed applications with supporting documentation may be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.