Network and Security Analyst
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools is seeking a Network and Security Analyst within the Information Technology Department. This is an opportunity to work with a forward-thinking School District that, together with families and communities, enable all students to become life‐long learners and productive, caring citizens by providing inclusive, challenging and engaging educational opportunities through the continuous improvements of instruction and supports for learning. This 40 hour per week position provides excellent pension and benefits in a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth.
Network and Security Analyst – Your Role
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology or designate, you will take a lead role in the IT department’s efforts to ensure that the IT network and information security needs of the school district students, staff, schools, and departments are being met. Working with a team of IT professionals, you will apply your current and relevant skills, training, experience and passion in the areas of enterprise networks and security to continuously develop, implement and maintain effective and modern standards of network operations for the district as well as of the district’s information security strategy, defense and response capabilities.
Your Qualifications, Education and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in IT, including 2+ years’ recent experience in a specialized Networking role and 2+ years in a specialized Information Security role
- 2+ years’ design, implementation and support experience with IaaS and PaaS infrastructure (Networking and Security context)
- Current industry certifications in networking, security and ITSM
- Data Centre experience: Microsoft, VMWare, storage and DR.
- Knowledge, experience and training in IT governance, BCP/DR and BC privacy legislation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team, often in a lead role
- Experience and training in Project Management and Change Management methodologies
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
How to apply
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith. Refer to this detailed job description.
Applications should include a detailed personal résumé, cover letter, certificates and diplomas, as well as transcripts. Please provide a minimum three professional references from direct supervisors.
Note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Specific questions about the posting may be sent to ITnetsec@sd68.bc.ca .