TEACHING VACANCY: POSTING NO. 4 – May 6, 2020
School: W. L. McLeod Elementary School – Vanderhoof, BC
Start Date: September 1, 2020
Assignment: 1.0 (FULL TIME) CONTINUING POSITION - SPECIALIST
- Primary French Immersion Teacher
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT TO BE DETERMINED BY THE PRINCIPAL
- possesses or is eligible for a BC Teaching Certificate
- a degree or major in French language or French Immersion is preferred
- training and recent successful experience teaching both literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills in a variety of curriculum areas at the primary grade levels
- this position requires an individual who is fluent in French; a French fluency and literacy evaluation may be required
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive classroom learning environment that engages students in active learning experiences
- experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student
- experience in integrating appropriate technologies into instructional practices in order to improve learning outcomes for students
Note: With your application, please submit university transcripts and any other supporting documentation that supports your qualifications for this position.
Professional dispositions are defined here as the values, commitments and professional ethics that influence an educator’s approach to their work. The SD 91 Board of Education expects our educators to demonstrate the following dispositions;
- a belief that every child can learn
- commitment to the BC Education Plan
- commitment to ongoing professional learning for the purpose of strengthening student learning
- commitment to making evidence-based, collaborative decisions about student learning in a professional learning community environment
- commitment to integrating First Nations culture and experience into learning activities
Our Board of Education believes that teacher interest in providing extracurricular activities
contributes significantly to our students’ positive school experience.
Teachers currently employed with the district or on the district’s recall list who are interested in this vacancy should email Donna Benson at email@example.com and include the posting number.
New applicants should apply to Make a Future
For more information applicants should contact Assistant Superintendent, Mike Skinner (desk 250-692-4821) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .