This posting is for a full time continuing assignment as a member of the District Support Team.
The successful applicant will be supporting students in grades K-12 on the District Support Team, and will work with resource teachers to support students who have significant developmental disabilities with significant learning and/or behaviour challenges. This position is responsible for designing and implementing professional development opportunities for teachers, and educational assistants at the District and school level. This position also requires ongoing communication and the development of relationships within the school district as well as with outside organizations to implement projects and therefore requires flexibility in working hours with meetings occurring out of school time.
The successful applicant will be a member of the District Support Team (DST) working with the District Learning Services Department. Other duties and responsibilities may also be assigned as necessary in response to the changing needs of the District.
Expectations and Qualifications:
- have proven competencies in instructional approaches such as co-teaching, modeling and planning for instruction with inclusion of all learners
- be expected to work collaboratively with administrators, classroom teachers, resource teachers, educational assistants and district staff
- be responsible for designing and implementing professional development opportunities for teachers, and educational assistants at the District and school level
- have experience and knowledge in the development and implementation of Functional Behavior Assessments and Safety Plan
- be a fully qualified and experienced Learning Resource teacher with demonstrated competencies in addressing a wide range of student needs including students with complex developmental and behavioral challenges
- support schools in the transition of students from preschool into Kindergarten, grade 7 to high school and high school to adulthood
- demonstrate the skills of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating appropriate and effective individualized educational programs which are based on B.C.’s Curriculum for students with developmental disabilities with significant learning and/or behaviour challenges.
- demonstrate experience in supporting school teams
- demonstrate an understanding of the RTI model and differentiated instructional models of support
- demonstrate competencies in collaboration, facilitation supporting district and staff development initiatives
- demonstrate exceptional organization, time management, communication, and prioritizing skills