VICE PRINCIPALSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The New Westminster School District is seeking dynamic leaders with proven records of exemplary teaching and leadership for consideration for upcoming vacancies. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed for the District Eligible Administrator Pool (“the Pool”). Successful candidates selected for the Pool will be assigned to specific schools depending upon available vacancies and the suitability of the candidates.
Positions in the Pool are available at the following levels:
Serving the community of New Westminster, the New Westminster School District provides high quality educational programs to over 7,000 students in a variety of learning environments. Located in the geographic centre of Metro Vancouver, New Westminster is a compact and growing urban centre with all the benefits of both city and small town life – ready access to a rich array of recreational and cultural pursuits, high quality public services, and the neighborly feel of a small community. Commitment to the success of its students and its staff makes New Westminster School District a great place to learn and to work.
DOCUMENTED QUALIFICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
The successful applicant will meet the eligibility requirements of the B.C. School Act and will have:
- Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch certification;
- Demonstrated excellence as a teacher and educational leader;
- A Masters degree from a recognized university; and,
- Successful experience in an educational leadership role.
CANDIDATES MUST DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- A commitment and demonstrated ability to create educational environments that are inclusive and focus on the comprehensive learning needs of all students;
- Implementing Ministry, District and School goals while establishing a culture of staff professional development directly related to student learning and achievement;
- Demonstrated leadership in learning evidenced by current knowledge of pedagogical best practices and the redesigned curriculum;
- Promoting a comprehensive range of learning opportunities for students, including social responsibility, fine and performing arts, athletics, global citizenship, and technology;
- Implementing innovative practices that lead to student success;
- Demonstrated commitment to personal accountability and professional growth;
- Demonstrated commitment to the role that public education can play in the success of individuals, communities, countries and the world;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen effectively and work collaboratively;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and a sense of community, and to work effectively in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of the change process;
- Demonstrated ability to plan with the end in mind and to remain focused on agreed-upon goals;
- A vision for the role of technology to amplify learning;
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
Educators who are interested in these principalship opportunities are invited to submit an application package which should include the following:
- Include signed authorization for District to contact references in addition to those provided and authorize so contacted to release information to the District.
SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKAGE IN ONE SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT TO:
Robert Weston, Executive Director of Human Resources
New Westminster Schools
Deadline for applications: 4:00 pm, Monday April 1, 2019
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found, however applications received prior to April 1, 2019 will be assured of full consideration. Only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.