Recognized for its dedication to inclusion, diversity, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia with some of the highest graduation rates in the province. With a deep history of high-quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District is the best place to learn and lead.
Providing influential leadership, strategic insight, and as a key member of the Executive Team, the Assistant Superintendent reports to the Deputy Superintendent and takes a lead role in the development and execution of the district’s long-term strategic and operational priorities, communicating with stakeholders to enhance student development, engagement and learning, and leadership and support for school-based leaders.
With extensive knowledge of effective instructional practices gained from school-based and district-level experience, combined with a progressive approach, the Assistant Superintendent focuses on current and emerging issues within the district, community and education, as well as the supervision of program areas assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- BC Professional Teaching Certificate
- Completion of Master’s Degree
- Varied depth and breadth of experience in educational leadership in the K-12 public education sector, including experience as a school administrator and/or District level responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
- Superior skills in communication
- Demonstrated success in human relations skills
- Experience with enrolment management would be considered an asset
- Experience with anti-racism/diversity initiatives would be considered an asset
Applicants are asked to submit a completed application package comprised of the following:
- A covering lettering, accompanied by a statement of educational philosophy relevant to the role and responsibilities of the position applied for [included in same document as the covering letter];
- A concise resume pertinent to the position applied for.
Inquiries regarding this position may be directed to Scott Robinson, Superintendent, at email@example.com, Rick Ryan, Deputy Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Buchanan, Executive Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Interested qualified applicants should apply online by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button. Application deadline is 4:00 pm on Monday, August 17th.
For more information about Richmond School District 38, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/richmond or our website at www.sd38.bc.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being shortlisted will be contacted.