WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
ABOUT [SCHOOL NAME]
[Example] St. Patrick's Elementary in located in the heart of Maple Ridge. We are a small tight knit community dedicated to teaching our students the importance of being a well rounded student and sharing our faith.
Learn more about us: www.stpatsschool.org
Must perform maintenance and repairs related to buildings, grounds and equipment, in one or more areas such as electrical, plumbing, painting and grounds-keeping
Duties may include the following:
1. Be able to carry out and monitor preventative maintenance procedures and
2. Perform minor plumbing, painting and grounds-keeping
3. Monitor work performed by contractors and arrange for minor or major repairs
4. Must be able to complete projects as designated by the Principal or PEC
5. Must maintain the maintenance room in an orderly fashion
6. All WorkSafeBC safety regulations must be followed
7. Must own a vehicle and a valid driver's license
Hours of Work:
7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Monday to Friday. Please note that the successful candidate must be available in the event of an emergency outside of these hours
Salary to be determined according to experience
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to the school's Principal, Maria Katsionis at MKatsionis@fatimaschool.ca. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com