School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for the temporary contract position of Physiotherapist for Grades K to 12. This position is a district based itinerant position that sees the successful applicant travelling to schools throughout the district. Services will be to a maximum of 300 hours for the 2017/2018 school year. The successful applicant reports to the Director of Instruction of Learning Services. The Gulf Islands are located in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Victoria (www.sd64.bc.ca). The effective date is September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
In this role the successful applicant will:
- Collaborate with school teams in support of IEP development and curriculum delivery for students who experience physical challenges
- Work with other Learning Services team members to provide support services across the district
- Consult with school staff, parents and community agencies regarding the needs of students who experience physical challenges
- Utilize diagnostic and assessment procedures and tools in order to develop and implement preventive and therapeutic courses of intervention
- Use evidence-based treatment interventions to focus on improving gross and fine motor skills, balance and coordination, strength and endurance, as well as cognitive and sensory processing/integration
Documented evidence of:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehab medicine or equivalent
- Eligible for registration with the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC)
- Proven ability to support school teams with the implementation and delivery of services
- Valid BC class 5 driver’s license
Documented evidence of:
- Reflex integration training and experience
- Exemplary experience as a physiotherapist in the public school system
- Exemplary behaviour management and organizational skills; documented evidence of an ability to develop rapport with students
- High energy, enthusiasm, ability to collaborate with colleagues, and to work as a member of teaching teams
- Leadership skills necessary to develop, establish, and evaluate effective and proactive behavior support programs
Review of applications received will commence on May 19, 2017. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Complete application packages should be directed to:
Linda Underwood, Director of Instruction, Human Resources
c/o Dawne Fennell, Executive Assistant
School District #64 (Gulf Islands)
112 Rainbow Road
Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2K3
Please include with application:
- Letter of application
- Current resume or portfolio with supporting documents that ensures qualifications are met or exceeded for this position
- Names of three professional referees including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.