Driving a school bus to transport pupils to and from school and/or on curricular and extra-curricular trips. Will be responsible to and work under the direction of the Director of Operations or designate.
- Conduct daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Must be physically capable of performing a complete pre-trip inspection as required by B.C. Transportation Regulations.
- Sweep and clean vehicle interior daily. Wash exterior of buses as directed.
- Report in writing any mechanical problems immediately to the Mechanic.
- Transport pupils on curricular and extra-curricular runs as assigned.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules
- Instruct students in the use of emergency doors, windows and fire extinguisher (September).
- Report any road hazards.
- Report any bus overloads immediately.
- Adhere to the established bus schedule and stops.
- Report any accident involving vehicle or a pupil within 24 hours.
- Ensure seat belts are fastened, where provided.
- Ensure that no passengers are left on the bus before bus is stored at the Bus Garage.
- Arm and disarm intrusion alarm system and secure main gate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid Class 1 or 2 driver’s license. A valid air endorsement is required for buses equipped with air brakes.
- Minimum 6 months experience driving a school bus.
- Driver's Medical examination to be completed prior to being hired
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract for the previous year. Any traffic violations must be reported immediately.
- Liaison with school administrators regarding student discipline.
- Courteous and co-operative manner with students, other employees and general public.
- Ability to get along and work with fellow employees.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates not currently employed by School District No. 51 (Boundary) must pay a $28 fee and sign a release to permit a criminal record review. Employment with SD51 (Boundary) is subject to passing this criminal record review.
School District 51 thanks all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.