The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Immaculata Regional High School (Kelowna, BC) invites applications at this time for:
2 Full-time Certified Education Assistants
For the 2021-2022 school year
Immaculata Regional High School serves Grade 8 - 12 students in the Central Okanagan, offering Catholic Education in small classes and a close community; "A Family that fosters Excellence". Our community of teachers and support staff guide students, developing the whole person intellectually, spiritually, physically and artistically to become strong, capable young people with clear perceptions of their abilities, rooted in self confidence. We are in need of 2 Full-time Education Assistants who exemplify these values to join our family for the 2021-2022 school year.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Training specific to the role (Educational Assistant)
- Successful Educational Assistant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster a positive working relationship with students, families, colleagues and administration
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- First Aid Training Certificate.
- Additional training in Applied Behavioural Analysis/Intervention, Autism Spectrum Disorder and CPI are an asset
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards.
- Certificates and Post Secondary Transcripts (for the position being advertised)
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates must complete Diocesan Safe Environment training and will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License