School District No. 52 is presently seeking a full time (1.0 FTE)
District Literacy Program Administrator
- A Bachelor of Education (elementary emphasis); Master's preferred or working towards attaining one;
- A valid B.C. teaching certificate and current membership in BC College of Teachers;
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Elementary;
- Previous leadership locally and provincially preferred.
Teachers applying should possess the following attributes:
- Extensive literacy teaching experience;
- Extensive professional development with preference to Literacy Intervention or Reading Recovery equivalent professional development;
- Ability and knowledge to support District Literacy initiatives with Aboriginal world-view and perspectives;
- Technology skills to support a wide range of research and Microsoft tools;
- Ability to provide professional development workshops and team teach;
- Minimum 2 years Early Reading Support teaching experience with primary students;
- Proven documented success (Running Records/PM Benchmarks) with Early Reading Intervention;
- Experience assessing primary students using Marie Clay's Observation Survey and interpreting data for classroom teachers;
- Experience using Leveled Literacy Intervention Program (Nelson) combined with strategies from Reading Recovery;
- Proven ability to work as part of team with LRT's, classroom teachers, principal and district staff;
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and team work competencies in all areas of Aboriginal Education;
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of the district team;
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with students, staff, parents and administration;
- Understanding of differentiated instruction and proven ability to work with vulnerable students;
- Proven successful experience working with Aboriginal students;
- Willing to be trained in Reading Recovery strategies and pedagogy;
- Supervision and implementation of District Early Literacy Intervention program;
- Reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools;
- Valid B.C. driver's license.
Please submit resume with full supporting documents to the attention of Irene LaPierre, Superintendent of Schools, through HR@sd52.bc.ca
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Irene LaPierre, Superintendent of Schools.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.