St. Thomas Aquinas Regional Secondary School in North Vancouver is inviting applications for Special Education Assistants for the upcoming school year. The successful candidates will be working with students who would require support with such conditions as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mild Intellectual Disabilities, and Mobility Issues.
Duties would include:
• Academic support in a classroom setting (background in a specialized subject area would be an asset)
• Safety and Social Skills in the gymnasium and between classes
• Implementing the program designed by the classroom teacher and learning assistance coordinator.
• Additional professional duties such as extra-curricular activities.
• Be eligible for a current British Columbia Criminal Record Check;
• Have training and/or experience in special education i.e. having worked on a home team as a BI would be an asset
• Have a background knowledge and experience working with a variety of students with special needs;
• Be willing to work in a team environment
• Salary and benefits are competitive with public schools. The successful candidate would be able to start on September 8, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday May 29th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume to the principal, John Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org).