Executive Assistant (Temporary)
Office of The Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) is seeking a temporary full-time (37.5 hours per week) Executive Assistant effective May 3, 2021 for 18 months to cover a maternity leave. This position is exempt and therefore, excluded from union membership.
The Executive Assistant is an important member of the District team. The Executive Assistant is directly responsible for providing support to the Superintendent and Secretary-Treasurer by efficiently and effectively handling the administrative duties and responsibilities of these offices as well as providing administration support to the Human Resource and Finance department. Additionally, the Executive Assistant is responsible for all matters pertaining to the Board’s corporate affairs including preparing board meeting agendas and minutes and correspondence. Responsibilities also include maintaining records, taking a lead role in records management (Laserfiche) and preparing, publishing and distributing a wide range of publications, memoranda, reports and presentations. The Executive Assistant demonstrates sound judgment and tact in dealing with District trustees, staff, and the general public on a variety of matters and acts as the general office manager for the District’s administration office.
This position will appeal to an experienced individual interested in a detailed and challenging position. The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills and have demonstrated organizational and planning abilities in addition to having:
- Grade 12
- Business Administration diploma
- 5 years of recent experience in an executive assistant or similar position
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work under pressure in a wide variety of assignments with minimum supervision
- The highest level of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience in supporting human resources and finance management tasks
- Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and document management skills
- Experience with Outlook E-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proven ability to plan and follow-up on projects
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and public relations skills
- Ability and desire to work as part of the Executive Assistant team providing support to senior staff and the Board of Education
A competitive salary is offered.
For further information please contact Marcy VanKoughnett, Assistant Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic applications are required from all applicants. If you are qualified and interested in the above competition, please submit your electronic application including cover letter, resume (with references) and supporting documents to Mrs. Marcy VanKoughnett, Assistant Superintendent – Human Resources, School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia), 2001 Third Ave, Trail, BC V1R 1R6 by 12:00 (Noon), Friday, January 29, 2021 via www.makeafuture.ca/kootenay-columbia
Applicants agree to confidential reference checks, including all previous employers. The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record search.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.