Education Assistants & On-Call (EAOC)
Lake Babine Nation seeks highly skilled, positive, energetic and self-motivated on-call employees to provide proactive, engaging, and consistent support and supervision of elementary students, including special education students on a one to one basis and in small groups.
Position Summary: Reporting to the school Principal, but under the direction of classroom teachers and the Vice-Principal, Education Assistants are responsible for supporting the teacher in providing an effective learning program, developing and maintaining a safe, caring and respectful learning environment. EAs support students’ learning in whole-class, small group, and one-to-one settings and must be able to manage students in small groups and deliver scripted Math and Literacy programming (training completed by school). EAs provide high quality supervision of students throughout the day. EAs also provide support for the delivery of the school nutrition program.
Qualifications and Values:
- Grade 12 Dogwood
- Completion of an EA training program ideal, though not required
- Level 1 First Aid Certification ideal
- Experience working with school-aged children and adolescents
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with students and exercise patience, tolerance and understanding in resolving conflicts or problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to deal with students’ needs, administrators and parents in a positive and proactive manner at all times.
- Healthy, traditional values that are reflected in day to day behaviour and practices.
- Prompt and consistent attendance and willingness to take on various tasks in the class and school
- Criminal record check must be completed before starting work
General Hours: Casual/On Call
8:30am – 3:00pm
Wage: Depending upon qualifications and experience and in-line with LBN Schools EA wage grid
Start Date: Immediately
Include all the following:
2. Cover Letter & current contact information
3. References in resume
4. Criminal Record Check