FIRST NATIONS TEACHER (GRADE 1-9)
The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to the Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our district mission to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 30 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 22,000 students.
||First Nations Teacher (Grades 1-9)
| WORKING CONDITIONS:
| POSTING DEADLINE:
We are looking for individuals that share our values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage and Community. If you share our passion for creating an inspiring Learning Community, we are accepting applications for 1.0 Term First Nations Teacher (Grade 1-9).
Understanding of Aboriginal Culture, traditional learning methods, and experiences supporting Aboriginal learners in elementary and middle years curriculum, including a specific focus on Middle years Mathematics and Science curriculum. Proven ability to cultivate positive relationships with students of Aboriginal ancestry. Proven leadership in integrating authentic Aboriginal resources and materials into the curriculum. Experience with advocacy for Aboriginal students within the school setting. Experience working with teachers and support staff in a collaborative holistic approach consistent with the Aboriginal Education Enhancement Agreement. Location to be determined by the District Principal of Aboriginal Education on basis of student needs and may include working remotely on reserve at Matsqui, Kwantlen and/or Katzie First Nation. Consistent with the British Columbia Human Rights Code, Aboriginal ancestry is a bone fide occupational requirement for this position.
- Bachelor of Education (Elementary, Middle or Secondary) degree, or equivalent training.
- A valid Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate, or in progress.
- A major program concentration in the areas of primary, intermediate, and middle education
- A primary, intermediate, and middle methodology course
- Consistent with the HUMAN RIGHTS CODE, Aboriginal Ancestry is a bona fide occupational requirement for this position
- Must be qualified to teach Aboriginal education
- Or equivalent training, or experience
For your application to be considered, all required documents must be included with TTOC application which include:
- cover letter (please note your teachable subjects)
- recent teaching reports and/or practicum reports
- copy of BC Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate and/or TQS card or information on current status
Qualified applicants may apply by clicking "apply online" below. Please ensure to upload your resume and cover letter.
- In accordance with the Criminal Record Review Act, successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment.
- We thank you for your interest in the Langley School District; however, only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted.