Manager, Health Services
Join the team:
The Surrey Schools is a large, dynamic and progressive employer. With over 11,000 employees, we serve in a diverse, multicultural urban centre, and offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to our students and staff. Surrey Schools is the largest school district in BC and is still growing! We embrace change and look forward to exciting opportunities that come with this growth.
About the position:
The Manager of Health Services will work closely with four District Principals, the Director of Employee / Labour Relations and Health and Safety. As an individual, the manager plays an important part in an upbeat and positive HR team as well as being a key participant and contributor on the HR Management team.
- Manage, create and / improve our Disability Case Management processes for unionized employees and for non-unionized employees.
- Conduct disability case management in complex or high profile cases.
- Create and / or improve key metrics around sick leave.
- Oversee and / or create union / health services committees.
- Lead Duty to Accommodate processes as appropriate.
- Provide strategic advice to the District’s senior staff including Senior HR staff.
- Support all aspects of HR and develops positive relationships with the Unions, Associations, BCPSEA and other stakeholder groups.
Required education and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field,
or, equivalent education including Disability Case Management Diploma / Certificate
- A minimum of five years of experience in health services with increasing responsibility and complexity.
- Health and Safety experience would be considered an asset.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of applicable provincial laws and regulations, especially related to Human Rights.
- Knowledge of disability case management processes and principles.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and establish personal credibility with individuals at every level of the organization.
What you can expect from us:
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. We are proud of our education successes but also our employment environment. We are consistently one of British Columbia’s Top 100 Employers, and a “Canada’s Greenest Employer” recipient.
Surrey Schools offers a positive work environment that allows you to reach your full potential both professionally and personally. We value career growth and professional development and offer a competitive compensation package.
Interested and qualified applicants should click “apply online” below ensuring to include resume with supporting documents, references and cover letter, by 4pm Monday March 15th, 2021.
Note: Faxed resumes will not be accepted. The successful applicant will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.