This is a combined teaching and counseling position. We are looking for a trained counselor who is also enthusiastic about classroom teaching and learning. The position will be split at approximately .3 FTE counseling and .7FTE teaching. Your teaching background should include experience in grades 4-7orin high school, grades 8-12.
This position will provide you with numerous opportunities to make a positive difference in the lives of many students, through both your counseling work, and as a member of a dedicated team of professional educators.
Successful applicants will possess the appropriate education, training and experience.
• Valid BC Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate
• Master’s Degree in Counsellingor Counselling Psychology with a completed, supervised practicum.
- Successful classroom teaching experience.
- Knowledge of and willingness to use current best practices in education.
- Familiarity with BC curriculum.
- A strong team orientation.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- A desire to grow professionally.
- A clear Criminal Record Check, vulnerable sector.
All applicants must be eligible for certification by the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch.
Please ensure the following documents are included in your application:
- Certificate of qualifications
- Practicum reports or teacher evaluations
- Three professional references
- Certificate of membership or eligibility for a certificate with BCTRB