Kindergarten and Primary (Grades 1-3) Vacancies
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23) in Kelowna, B.C. is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for Full and Part-Time temporary contracts, and Teacher Teaching on Call positions in elementary schools. Applicants must be prepared to design a developmentally appropriate, early learning, play-based educational program, consistent with the Ministry of Education Kindergarten Curriculum; have an understanding of the Primary Program: A Framework for Teaching and the BC Early Learning Framework; and have an understanding of developmental levels of 4, 5, 6 and 7 year old children.
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate.
- be prepared to work positively towards the fulfillment of the School and District goals and be prepared to work in a collaborative/team environment;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21stCentury in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, digital portfolios, voice‑mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes;
- Be prepared to offer family-centered transition practices.
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have a minimum of two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
have experience at the Kindergarten and/or Primary levels;
have additional professional experience and/or post-secondary courses in early childhood education, early learning and early literacy;
- are willing to work in a collaborative/team environment to implement BC's Education Plan and the Redesigned Curriculum;
- have experience in providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of students;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As, and Of Learning);
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
Please complete an on-line application and include a cover letter, resume, Undergrad degree and Bachelor of Education degree along with corresponding transcripts, BC teaching certificate, TQS card, practicum reports, and three letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org to inform her of your updated application.