Are you a passionate dedicated JK-7 Art Teacher looking to be a part of a unique team? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Pythagoras Academy is an exceptional co-educational independent school for students Junior Kindergarten to Grade 7. Our school prides itself on a unique educational philosophy that champions the role of the Fine Arts. We believe in encouraging creativity in our students and consider it to be one of the most valuable and transferable core skills.
Contract: Full-time (1.0)
Start Date: May 3rd, 2021
We are Looking for Someone Who:
- Is a passionate, dedicated JK-7 Art Teacher who wants to help inspire students in the area of art education
- Believes that positive, caring relationships with students are foundational to learning
- Wants to make a difference as a teacher
- Assists students in reaching their highest potential
- Is willing to deliver BC curriculum using school-based programs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop student learning that incorporates the BC Curriculum;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop outstanding units of study;
- Assess student learning of content, skills and big ideas within the Curriculum;
- Incorporate educational technology in the classroom;
- Create a safe and caring classroom environment.
- BC Teaching Certificate (or application stage)
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment
- Excellence in interpersonal skills
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident
As an educator, you embody these qualities:
- Passion: you deeply enjoy the craft of educating; your focus is on inspiring your students.
- Technical knowledge: you are knowledgeable about how to help students to gain skills and a deeper understanding of concepts.
- Curiosity: you are a naturally curious person and you help to foster curiosity in your students.
- Innovation: your planning involves novel and engaging methods of instruction.
- Social Emotional intelligence: you are skilled at teaching in a way that helps students to feel safe to be themselves and to develop confidence.
Compensation: Pythagoras Academy teaching salaries are 5% above Richmond School Board salaries.