Sacred Heart Catholic School is located in the beautiful Cariboo-Chilcotin region of British Columbia. The school enrolls approximately 100 students from Kindergarten to Grade Seven.
For the 2021 - 2022 school year, we are seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 1.0 FTE Teacher anticipated to be in a middle years classroom (ie., Grades 4-7). This temporary position commences September 1, 2021.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• experience teaching middle years students
• the ability to be flexible when faced with the ever-shifting needs of today’s education system
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• experience teaching students and working alongside other staff in a diverse and dynamic classroom setting
• the ability to adapt learning opportunities to meet the needs of students
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
• a valid TRB certification
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor).
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and,
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form, completed by a Catholic pastor for all Teacher applicants.
The CISKD Teacher application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be retrieved from www.ciskd.ca/careers. Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the Catholic pastor to email@example.com . Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the position, please contact Mrs. Vanessa Fer at 250-398-7725 or at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.