Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. The District hosts approximately 400 international education students annually from around the world. We invite applications for the position of:
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION HOMESTAY COORDINATOR
The Homestay Coordinator, reporting to the District Principal, liaises with homestay parents, students, office staff and itinerant teachers in the District’s International program as required. The responsibilities are varied, often of a confidential nature, and require the ability to work independently as well as with a broad range of individuals, exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and tact. The successful candidate must be able to be available inside and outside of the regular workday as required to support students, host families, and the International Student Program.
Homestay Coordinator will be primarily responsible for:
- Recruitment of Homestay Families
- Student Homestay Placements
- On-going support of students and homestay families
- Liaison between student, host families, agents and schools
- Maintenance of student and host family records
- Organization and supervision of program activities and trips for students and families
- Development of homestay materials and resources for the program
The successful applicant must have:
- Grade 12 (Senior Secondary School Graduation);
- 1 year of post-secondary training in a relevant area;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, organization, and teamwork skills;
- Adaptable to meet program demands with flexible work hours including monitoring the program emergency phone 24/7 as scheduled;
- Ability to work through situations in order to address issues and support students;
- Ability to use a wide variety of technology, including databases and presentation software;
- Valid BC Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle required.
The Homestay Coordinator is expected to be reliable, dependable, and self-directed in their work.
This is an exempt temporary full-time position with a salary range of $53,324 to $66,655 plus benefits package, including participation in a defined benefit pension plan. This position has an expected end date of April 30th, 2022.The successful applicant will be filling a vacancy due to a maternity leave.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, complete with a resume outlining relevant background and experience and 3 professional references
The successful applicant will be prepared to transition into this position as soon as possible.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.