School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap) is accepting applications for certified teachers for its Teacher Teaching-On-Call list.
In the North Okanagan-Shuswap School District, we serve just over 6300 students in 23 schools through a variety of sites located around Shuswap Lake and the North Okanagan. We are known for strong academic achievement, a thriving trades and careers program, and a rich culture of school athletics. The school district supports Indigenous learners from five distinct communities, which include the Adams Lake Band, the Little Shuswap Lake Band, the Neskonlith Band, the Splatsin First Nation, and the Salmon Arm Metis Association. A newly developed Strategic Plan prioritizes a “students first” focus on success, organizational efficiency, and a culture of health and wellness as our key goals.
With year-round recreational activities in a spectacular natural setting, we offer a small-town atmosphere with big city services. You’ll find musical and theatre performances, garden markets, wineries, and opportunities for world class boating, biking, hiking, and golf right outside your door. Add in quick access to larger centers and very affordable housing, and it is clear that the North Okanagan-Shuswap is a truly desirable place to live.
- Bachelor of Education or post degree program in Education;
- Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch;
Teachers applying for this position must possess some or all of the following skills:
- demonstrated successful teaching experience;
- strong desire and commitment to building positive student relationships;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- commitment to school goals;
- a desire to work within a collaborative learning environment of students, teachers, and parents;
- excellent classroom management skills, based on respect, relationships, and realistic expectations;
- ability to create a sense of belonging for all students;
- understanding of middle school philosophy and adolescent development;
- demonstrated successful teaching experience at the middle school level;
- familiarity with the renewed curriculum;
- committed to engaging students in meaningful learning experiences and activities;
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods (e.g. differentiated instruction, assessment for, of and as learning, backwards by design curriculum planning);
Please submit resume with full supporting documents using the Apply Online button below. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact our HR Admin Assistant Rachel Baker @ 250-804-7841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER