SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 6
COMMUNITY LINK STUDENT SUPPORT WORKER
Monday April 26, 2021
School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain), requires a Community Link Student Support Worker (CLSSW) for a permanent, full-time (1.0000 FTE) position in the Kimberley Zone, effective September 1, 2021.
The CLSSW is under the direction of, and works in consultation with, the Assistant Superintendent Learning Services and the Principal. The position serves Lindsay Park Elementary School, Marysville Elementary School, and McKim Middle School,. The CLSSW, as part of the School Based Team, provides planning and intervention for vulnerable students who may be at risk in terms of academic achievement and social functioning. This is an exempt staff (non-union) position.
- Provides evidence-based services, taking into account both risk and resiliency factors, using a collaborative, community-based, goal oriented approach;
- Facilitates relationship-building with school, family and community resources;
- Establishes direct lines of communication and maintains effective liaison with community agencies including MCFD, Probation and Police Services, Mental Health and community-based youth-serving organizations;
- Intervenes in crisis situations with school-based team and/or community agencies and determines, develops and implements appropriate strategies;
- Helps youth develop strong relationships with positive role models and mentors outside of the family;
- Prepares written reports, forms and documents as needed;
- Provides service with a minimum 7 hours per day, but works beyond the regular school day and occasionally on evenings and weekends, as required by the demands of the position.
- Degree in Child and Youth Care, a Bachelor of Social Work, or a related diploma and relevant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate intervention and prevention strategies;
- Excellent communication, mediation, and reporting skills;
- History of innovative approaches to facilitate family and community involvement;
- Applicants require access to a vehicle and have the ability to move between sites and/or transport students as needed.
For further information, please contact Viveka Johnson, Director of Learning, Student Support Services (250) 342-9243.
Electronic applications required from all applicants. If you are qualified and interested in the above competition, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday May 21, 2021 at 4:00 pm via Make a Future http://sd6-makeafuture.simplication.com (Make a Future #)