RESOURCE TEACHER - LOW INCIDENCE
The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to the Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our district mission to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 30 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 22,000 students.
||Resource Teacher - Low Incidence
| WORKING CONDITIONS:
||1.0 FTE Continuing
| POSTING DEADLINE:
We are looking for individuals that share our values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage and Community. If you share our passion for creating an inspiring Learning Community, we are accepting applications for a Resource Teacher - Low Incidence. The location for this position is TBD and the successful candidate will be placed at the needs of the district.
- A Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent training
- Two years of successful teaching experience in regular programs
- Experience working with students with moderate to profound cognitive delays
- Diploma in Special Education or equivalent with 30 credits of course work in the following areas: learning disabilities, behaviour difficulties, intellectual disabilities, assessment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder- Crisis Prevention Institute
- Experience with augmentative communication (low tech and technology)
- Experience in IEP development, implementation and monitoring
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and consultation
- Or equivalent training, or experience
For your application to be considered, all required documents must be included with your application which include:
- cover letter (please note your teachable subjects)
- recent teaching reports and/or practicum reports
- copy of BC Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate and/or TQS card or information on current status
Qualified applicants may apply by clicking "apply online" below. Please ensure to upload your resume and cover letter.
- In accordance with the Criminal Record Review Act, successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment.
- We thank you for your interest in the Langley School District; however, only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted.