Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
We are currently hiring:
RELIEF CASUAL CLERICAL
Duties may include, but not limited to: process and circulate resources in the library, take inventory, perform clerical/receptionist and word processing duties and monitor students; accurately and efficiently utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and communications software.
This opportunity is ideal for individuals looking for part-time. Relief Casual Clerical will be working on call, and have the ability to apply on available internal assignments.
The successful incumbent will have:
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- Successful completion of a minimum of a six (6) month specialized secretarial training program, such as Office\Business Administration;
- One (1) year recent successful experience in a secretarial, clerical, or receptionist position (Bookkeeping/Accounting experience an asset);
- Minimum net keyboarding speed 50 wpm – online Typing Tests are not accepted;
- Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills to accurately and efficiently utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and communications software;
- Ability to organize and prioritize a wide range of duties effectively and efficiently, and to work accurately under pressure at a high level of quality with constant disruptions;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, employees, and the public;
- Demonstrated ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative appropriate to the position.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a Clerical Exam.
The base hourly wage range for unionized clerical positions are $21.05 - $22.83. This position receives 4% of bi-weekly earnings in lieu of vacation and 4.6% of straight time earnings in each pay period in lieu of statutory holidays.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background and work experience, 3 references and a copy of educational certification.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.