Principal - Stave Falls Elementary School
Stave Falls Elementary is an outdoor, forestry, and Indigenous culture learning environment
Commencement Date: August 1, 2019
The Stave Falls community is located 20 minutes from the heart of Mission and 20 minutes from the heart of Maple Ridge. This rural school is adjacent to the Stave Falls Community Forest, Stave Lake, and is primed for outdoor learning. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an educator looking to lead students and teachers in an innovative and dynamic learning environment.
Mission Public Schools is dedicated to inspiring a passion for learning and developing the attitudes, skills and knowledge that enable all students to maximize their potential as positive, responsible participants in our democratic society and the global community.
As Stave Falls Elementary is a small school, there will be a teaching component to the assignment.
DEMONSTRATED LEADERSHIP AREAS:
- Strong background in Outdoor Education, Place Based Learning, and/or environmental studies
- Deep understanding of Indigenous culture and history, with demonstrated experience
- Superior interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Demonstrated experience with the personalized learning agenda
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational setting technology applications
- Demonstrated recent success in leading educators, staff, students, classes or schools to achieve their stated performance goals
- A capacity to support and maintain safe and caring schools with effective student management practices and a clearly articulated discipline philosophy
- Demonstrated success in fostering intellectual, emotional and social growth in students both within and beyond the classroom
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen effectively and work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to personal accountability and professional growth
- BC Professional Teaching certificate
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration or Curriculum, completed preferred, or in progress, or appropriate post-graduate study
Interested educators are invited to submit an application package which should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (Include recent professional development activities and professional leadership accomplishments)
- Philosophy Statement (your basic philosophy of education, one page maximum)
- Demonstration of Leadership Statement (Specific example of leadership in action and the impact on student learning, one page maximum)
- Copies of:
- Latest Evaluation Performance Report
- Master’s Degree (or proof of enrollment)
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Three Professional References who can comment on applicant’s leadership experience and ability.
- Include current supervisor
- Include signed authorization for District to contact references
Complete application packages should be submitted via email in a single pdf file to:
Tina Phelps, Director of Human Resources
Mission Public Schools
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however, applications received by April 29, 2019 will be assured full consideration. The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Completion of a Criminal Record Search is a district requirement.