We are currently accepting applications for Carpenters on a temporary basis to complete project work
We are seeking applicants for temporary Carpenter positions within our district. Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Designate, you will perform carpentry work in and around the construction and maintenance of buildings, grounds and ancillary equipment.
- Constructs, installs, repairs and maintains buildings, furnishings, equipment and carpentry-related grounds projects.
- Performs all carpenter duties, and works in related areas such as concrete, millwork, glass replacement, drywall and floor coverings.
- Designs projects, reads and interprets drawings and specifications and prepares cost estimates.
- Directs, assists and liaises with employees, contractors, regulatory agencies and other trades, as required.
- May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Two years related experience at the journeyman level
Physical capability to perform the job duties.
Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License.
Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade.
High School graduation or the equivalent.
Successful completion of the B.C. Apprenticeship Program and a valid B.C. Trade
Certification as a Carpenter.
How to apply:
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or email@example.com