CUSTODIANS CASUAL/ON-CALL – Reference #CE-2021-CST-2001
WHO WE ARE
coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the
natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity
of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our 25
elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2600 staff and 16,000 students
offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility
and collaboration. We are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to
learn, share and grow with us in “the natural place to work”.
The Custodian On-Call plays an essential role in Service Operations by keeping our schools well maintained and safe by:
- Providing routine janitorial and custodial tasks, including cleaning, waxing hallways and stairs
- Securing the school at night and ensuring adequate heat and light
- For non-routine problems and emergencies, you will refer to a supervisor who may call upon you to shut off water unplug sinks, toilets and drains as well as perform minor repairs
- Assist students, staff and the public as appropriate by locking or unlocking rooms, moving furniture or equipment and providing facility information
- Assist with and maintain the recycling program
WHAT WE REQUIRE
Working knowledge of the methods,
materials and equipment needed for high standard janitorial and custodial
knowledge of facilities and systems to safely respond to an emergency
fluency that allows you to understand and carry out oral and written
Service Worker Certificate (BSW) is not required; however, it is considered an
to work effectively with students, staff and the public
to three months’ related work experience in janitorial services and building
maintenance operations is preferred
This is a casual, on-call, unionized position.
The current rate of pay is $23.45 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits (total = $26.73/hour).
All candidates are required to submit to a BC Ministry Criminal Record Check and a local Police Criminal Record Check as condition of employment.
Applying to this posting is a two-step process:
- Create your profile on Make A Future
- To apply clicking "APPLY ONLINE" at the bottom of the posting.
At the North Vancouver School District, our values guide what we do. We support diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and schools; we welcome and respect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents of all our employees and students.
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
*All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
** The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.**