** Grade 6 Late French Immersion Teacher**
1.0 FTE Temporary (November 9/20 to June 25/21)
Secord Elementary School
Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
Vancouver has a thriving French Immersion program which includes fourteen elementary schools, four additional elementary schools offering Intensive French or Late French Immersion at the Grade 6/7 level, and three high schools. There is a collaborative and engaged community of French Immersion teachers and principals/vice-principals. We offer ongoing professional development and mentors to support our teachers.
Laura Secord has been serving the needs of its community for over 100 years. It has steadily grown from a one room school house to its present day configuration with a large student population enrolled in three educational programs. The English program and Early French Immersion programs include students from Kindergarten to grade 7. The Late French Immersion program is offered to students in grades 6 and 7. Recently renovated and seismically upgraded, the school has over 600 students in 26 divisions. The facilities provide ample space for a variety of workspaces as well as an upgraded outdoor track, field and play areas.
- Grade 6 Intensive French Immersion enrolling – all subjects
- Subjects taught in French and English
- Bachelor of Education
- Native or Native-like fluency in oral and written French and English is required
- Experience and/or training in an intermediate French Immersion enrolling class is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the Teacher Regulation Branch
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- If your application is in process please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications, we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether she or he self-identifies as an Aboriginal person.