WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
- 1 year (renewable)
Core Competencies & Specific Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education and/or Teaching Certification
- Passion for the education of young people and for the school community
- Understanding of and affinity for Catholic school education
- Dynamic and energetic individual who wishes to work in a highly focused environment
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Learning Support Coordinators to plan and execute curriculum for independent life skills that incorporates functional literacy and numeracy, employment skills, recreational skills and social skills
- Develop appropriate learning tools that promote learning for students on modified programs
- Make careful considerations for IEP goals to document and assess learner progress
- Work with EAs to deliver personalized programs
- Work with classroom teachers to ensure inclusion - “push in”
- Plan students outings to reinforce social emotional development
Questions regarding this job posting may be directed to Ralph Gabriele, Principal, at email@example.com.
St. Patrick Regional Secondary is a Catholic, co-educational secondary school with 500 students from Grades 8 to 12. Located in Vancouver’s picturesque Mount Pleasant neighbourhood, the school is highly regarded for its rich spiritual life, excellent academics, world-renowned choirs and abundant co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities, outstanding athletics programs, and innovative educational practices of faculty who are committed to ensuring success for all learners.
St. Patrick is committed to employing, when possible, qualified Catholics who, in addition to carrying out their professional responsibilities, will model the mission and values of the Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese.
1. Create your Make a Future profile
2. Complete and add all required application documents to your profile (see below)
3. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.