CENTRAL OKANAGAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Elementary, Middle and Secondary Schools
Including Dual-Track (English/French Immersion)
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators who are committed to excellence and to ensuring that every student has the opportunity to succeed. We are seeking individuals who possess the skills, attitudes and characteristics to lead their school communities in developing the Attributes of a Learner in the 21st Century: Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor. We anticipate openings effective January 1, 2021 and thereafter.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to continuous growth and learning as described by the British Columbia Principals and Vice-Principals Leadership Standards:
- Excellence in guiding the development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support learning and achievement for all students.
- Demonstrated involvement in District initiatives that reflect the K-12 program in support of student achievement across the District.
- Ability to create both systems and structures for effective supervision that focuses on instructional and assessment practices that maximize student development, engagement, and learning.
- Knowledgeable in regards to curricula, instructional and assessment practices, with demonstrated excellence in leading initiatives to enhance student development, engagement and learning.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills with the capacity and desire to work collaboratively with all stakeholders (including students, parents, staff and community members) in order to build and sustain a culture of integrity and a school climate that supports student and adult learning.
- Highly organized with effective leadership, decision making, problem solving skills, and to work collaboratively to strategically plan and manage in order to strengthen the school’s capacity to support student development, engagement, and learning.
DOCUMENTED QUALIFICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch certification (previously known as British Columbia College of Teachers (BCCT).
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university or enrolment in a graduate degree program.
- Five (5) or more years of exemplary teaching experience as well as proven leadership experience.
Please forward a letter of application, complete with a comprehensive resume (include your home phone number, cell phone number and E-Mail address) and copies of supporting documents plus the names of three references by 4:00 p.m. Monday, October 26, 2020.
Executive Director of Human Resources
Central Okanagan Public Schools
1040 Hollywood Road S.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4N2
Applications can also be emailed to Human.Resources@sd23.bc.ca. Please put "Principal Vacancies" in the subject line.