School District No. 57 is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
School Psychologist (1.0 FTE Continuing)
School District No. 57 serves approximately 13,000 students in 39 schools in an area that extends from Mackenzie in the north, through Prince George, west to Cluculz Lake, South to Hixon and east to McBride and Valemount to the Alberta border. The district employs approximately 2,000, making if one of the largest employers outside of the lower mainland.
The School Psychologist functions as part of a multidisciplinary team whose major role is to enhance the educational and social functioning of all students in the school district.
- Conducts psychological assessments of students who exhibit educational and social difficulties for the purpose of developing intervention strategies and special program placement.
- Consults with school and district staff in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of intervention measures.
- Provides written reports on all formal casework.
- Consults with teachers, principals, and administrators in the development of policy and programs at the school and district level.
- Provides formal in-service sessions for teachers, parents and other professionals for the purpose of developing and upgrading their knowledge and skills.
- Conducts and disseminates research relevant to the needs of students in the school district.
- Determines the need for making referrals to other school district professionals and outside agencies.
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology including a successful practicum placement.
- Eligible for registration with BC College of Psychologists or eligible for certification with BC Association of School Psychologists
How to Apply:
Please apply to the specific posting at https://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/central-bc/prince-george/ 1) Click ‘Apply Online’ to sign in/register; 2) Apply to this job posting; and 3) Check your ‘Job Application Log’ to confirm that you have successfully applied.
Your application must include:
· a letter of application and resume;
· evidence of certification;
· post-secondary transcripts; and
· 3 current professional references and their email addresses.
By application, candidates give permission to the Prince George School District to contact any references or any past or present employers named in the application. This posting will remain open until filled. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Director of Inclusive Education: Lisa Horswell, email@example.com or Jenny Rankin, District Principal, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Facebook at School District No. 57 or on Twitter @HRsd57
Prince George, a city of 75,000 people, is centrally located in beautiful British Columbia. As the home of the University of Northern British Columbia, the College of New Caledonia, and the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia, the city is the regional hub for education and healthcare. Prince George is also a centre for business, industry, shopping and dining, and has an active arts and entertainment scene.
For sports fans, there are two junior hockey teams – the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League and the Prince George Spruce Kings of the B.C. Hockey League – as well as varsity soccer and basketball teams at UNBC. For those who would rather participate, Prince George has recreational options in several sports, multiple golf courses, a full-service aquatic centre and international-calibre ski trails at the Caledonia Nordic Ski Club.
Prince George is connected to the world by an international airport. Vancouver is one hour away by air, and, in the winter months, the Prince George Airport offers direct flights to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. By car, Prince George is four hours away from Jasper National Park, world-famous for its alpine vistas and teeming wildlife.
Prince George has some of the most affordable housing in B.C. and is the perfect place to raise a family.
School District No. 57 is a significant part of the Prince George community. Five of our secondary schools and 28 of our elementary schools are located in the city or surrounding region. As the second-largest district in B.C., we also have schools in McBride and Valemount to the east, Mackenzie to the north and Hixon to the south. We are situated on the ancestral lands of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation in Prince George and McBride, the McLeod Lake Indian Band in the Mackenzie region, and the Simpcw First Nation in Valemount.
School District No. 57 employs approximately 2,200 people, has a student population of about 13,100 and is experiencing a growth trend. A new, state-of-the-art Kelly Road Secondary School will open in Prince George in September of 2020.
School District No. 57
City of Prince George
Move Up Prince George
Tourism Prince George
University of Northern British Columbia
College of New Caledonia
University Hospital of Northern British Columbia
Prince George Chamber of Commerce
Downtown Prince George
Prince George Cougars
Prince George Spruce Kings
Caledonia Nordic Ski Club
Village of McBride
McBride / The Robson Valley
Village of Valemount
District of Mackenzie
Town of Hixon