WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
Assumption Catholic School is located in Powell River, BC. Our tight knit faith based school community enrolls approximately 130 students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 taught by our vibrant staff. Powell River is a beautiful community of approximately 13,000 residents located in the Traditional Territories of the Tla’amin First Nation. Surrounded by the ocean, forests, plentiful lakes Powell River residents partake in a wide variety of cultural, sporting, and recreational events in the stunning landscape and have affordable housing options. Our community is an attractive option for
families who love the outdoors, the support a small community can bring, and being surrounded by a nature’s peaceful presence.
We are seeking a dynamic teacher for primary teaching and physical education responsibilities for an anticipated full-time (0.7 FTE) position between the combination of duties, effective September 1, 2021 to June 2022.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have a current pastoral reference that they are active in a Catholic parish
- have a certificate of qualification issued by the BC Ministry of Education
- committed to excellence in Catholic education
- have a degree or course work in special education
- have experience coordinating special education resources and/or support personnel
- demonstrate a positive and caring approach to students
- show exceptional communication skills
- demonstrate excellent teamwork abilities
- demonstrate a willingness to provide extra-curricular opportunities for students
Application Deadline: Questions regarding this job posting may be directed to Mrs. Lisa Berg, Principal of Assumption School, firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must complete CISVA employment requirements outlined here: https://cisva.bc.ca/employment/
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Assumption Elementary School is a Roman Catholic School, nestled in the city of Powell River, popular for its fresh air, scenic views, and close proximity to the ocean, lakes, and mountains. At Assumption we provide teachers with smaller classroom sizes, encourage spiritual growth, and promote active, health lifestyles. To learn more about our school community, visit our website: www.assumptionpr.ca
1. Create your Make a Future profile
2. Complete and add all required application documents to your profile (see below)
3. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.