Middle (Grades 6-9) Vacancies
The Central Okanagan School District No. 23 (Kelowna, B.C.) is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for Full and Part-Time temporary contracts, and Teacher Teaching on Call positions.
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate;
- be willing to work in a collaborative/team environment to implement BC's Education Plan and the Redesigned Curriculum;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21stCentury in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, digital portfolios, voice‑mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes;
- be prepared to work positively towards the fulfillment of the School and District goals;
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
- have a strong background in middle school philosophy, core values and educational practices;
- have experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As and Of Learning);
- have additional professional experience and/or post-secondary courses in adolescent learning;
- have a strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
Please complete an on-line application and include a cover letter, resume, Undergrad degree and Bachelor of Education degree along with corresponding transcripts, BC teaching certificate, TQS card, practicum reports, and letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.email@example.com to inform her of your updated application.
Leanne Zorn, District Principal - Human Resources
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23)
1040 Hollywood Road
Kelowna BC V1X 4N2