Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
ACCOUNTS CLERK - OPERATIONS
Under the general direction of the Planning Manager, perform accounting, administrative, and clerical duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- compile information, calculate and estimate costs and prepare progress reports on capital projects;
- prepare journal entries;
- maintain and reconcile petty cash fund, visa purchases, expense and mileage accounts and Third Party Expenditures;
- prepare, verify, and enter purchase orders;
- track purchase orders;
- receive and verify invoices and the delivery of goods.
Word Processing and Computer Operations
- prepare materials including correspondence, reports, budget documentation, work orders, etc. using a variety of computer programs.
- handle emergency requests;
- maintain a variety of files and records.
- communicate with staff and others and respond to inquiries and provide general information.
The successful incumbent will have:
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- Successful completion of a minimum of a six (6) month post-secondary training (Office Administration Program) including accounting/bookkeeping courses at a Community College;
- Eighteen (18) months previous related accounting/bookkeeping experience;
- Minimum net keyboarding speed 35 wpm – online Typing Tests are not accepted;
- Knowledge and experience with word processing skills - Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel) as well as Sharepoint/Outlook;
- Knowledge and experience with other accounting programs.
Applicants will be expected to:
- maintain a high quality of work including accuracy and dependability;
- possess good organizational skills;
- maintain excellent interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and experience of work order systems is considered an asset.
This is a part-time (25 hours per week) unionized position offering a wage rate of $24.61 per hour, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended health and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background and work experience and 3 professional references.
Application must include:
1. copy of post-secondary certification transcripts/diploma
2. copy of grade 12 transcripts/diploma
3. copy of certified supervised typing test – 35 wpm net
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.