Competition # 20-28
Generalist – Elementary/Intermediate Teacher
Applications are invited for a generalist teaching position at Denetia School, located on the Alaska Highway in Lower Post, British Columbia. Located 20kms from Watson Lake. School District No. 87 (Stikine) is committed to its students.
We welcome teachers who have:
- successful experience with the integration of First Nations Language and Culture
- the ability to work in a cross cultural setting,
- a team player committed to the belief that all students can learn,
- the ability to connect with students in trusting and supportive ways, clarify problems and challenges, and restore harmony and respect,
- exceptional interpersonal skills,
- education and experience teaching elementary and intermediate programs
- excellent teaching, planning and assessment skills,
- willingness to engage in the communities and northern lifestyle,
This position will start immediately and is full time continuing.
For further information, please contact Ms. Tracey MacMillan, Superintendent of Schools at 250-771-4440. Applications with supporting documentation including references, proof of B.C. certification and T.Q.S. should be submitted to:
School District No.87 (Stikine)
P.O. Box 190, Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Phone: (250) 771-4440
Fax: (250) 771-4441
This posting will remain open until filled.
Posted: September 23, 2020