School District 68 (Nanaimo Ladysmith)
The Nanaimo Ladysmith School District is looking for a Roofer to join our Facilities team
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or Designate you will install, repair and maintain the roofs of our many schools and sites.
- Installs, alters, repairs, and maintains roofs of all school district schools and sites
- Directs, assists and liaises with other employees, contractors, regulatory agencies and other trades as required
- Designs projects, reads and interprets drawings and prepares cost estimates.
- Will help assist other trades when required
- May on occasion be required to perform other job duties as assigned
Your Qualifications and Experience
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Success completion of the BC Apprenticeship program and Red Seal Certification as a Roofer
- Minimum two years related experience at Journeyperson level as Roofer
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license
- Physical ability to perform all aspect of the job
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the province with over 40 facilities, 2200 employees and 15,000 students. Offering a balance of urban, nature and island-life, Nanaimo is located on central Vancouver Island with easy access to the rest of the Island and the Lower Mainland.
This full-time permanent position offers a competitive wage and benefits package. Applications must be received by June 25, 2021. Interested candidates must submit their application complete with their resume and supporting documents including a minimum of 3 employment related references to:
Please apply via the Make A Future website at
Only those candidates that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted